EU livestock sector ask the Commission for urgent measures to combat the effects of Covid-19
Copa and Cogeca, European agro-livestock organizations, hope that the European Commission and the Member States will seriously consider the necessary measures to safeguard these high-quality livestock sectors. The Food Magazine has prepared a report with the requests from the livestock sector to the European Commission, requests that we summarize in Anafric.
Petitions from the beef and veal sector, due to the loss of distribution channels and points of sale:
- Tariff management
- Activation of market measures, including private storage aid for high-value copies
- Exceptional measures under the regulations of the World Trade Organization.
Requests from the sheep and goat meat sector:
- Given the nature of this restoration-dependent (seasonal) sector, exceptional measures are requested to cover the costs of keeping animals on the farm.
- Establish a private place to store cheese, curd, and powdered milk.
- Study the management of tariffs.
- CAP flexibility in relation to livestock productivity and density rate.
You have more information at this link in Revista Alimentaria.