Alimentaria, the main event of the agri-food sector in Spain and the second largest congress that hosts Barcelona, has been presented to 45 journalists from 15 different countries, as a symbol of the internationalization of a fair that expects to exceed 150,000 visitors, of which 30 % will be foreigners from 157 countries. Anafric has a 500 m2 stand with the presence of 11 exhibiting companies. There is only a 20m2 free space. If you are interested, you can contact the email email@example.com.
The most important meat show in Spain and one of the most important in Europe will grow in 2020 to reach around 17,000 m2 of exhibition space, in line with the expansion of the Spanish meat industry. Intercarn will have the participation of the main firms in the sector and also with the support of the most representative associations and institutions.
The internationalization, innovation, business opportunities and the varied sector offer are the strengths of a hall whose trajectory has led him to conquer the top positions of the international ranking of events in the sector and to become the international platform par excellence for the sector National meat, which leads the agri-food industry by billing, with about 28,000 million euros, representing 22% of the total Spanish food sector.
The appointment of Alimentaria is from April 20 to 23 and they already have 92% of the 110,000 square meters of surface they will occupy: that is 4,500 companies.
The presentation of #Alimentaria2020 has been attended by Josep Lluís Bonet, president of the Organizing Committee; of the Minister of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Teresa Jordà; of the Deputy Director General of Food Promotion of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Cristina Clemente; by Mauricio García de Quevedo, general director of the Federation of Food and Beverage Industry and J. Antonio Valls, Director of Food.
- The food industry is the main industry in Europe. In Spain it occupies the 4th place.
- For the Government of Spain it is a strategic sector that works with the highest quality standards to have a quality, healthy and safe product.
- The Government, through Alimentos de España, wants to value the industry, which connects with the consumer, who determines the products he wants to consume. Because everything that is valued and known, is not wasted
- The food industry has billed € 116 billion, about 3% of GDP. It is made up of 31,300 companies, a large majority of SMEs, with about 500,000 workers who depend.
On the other hand, during the presentation it was also highlighted that Spain:
- 1st producer and exporter of oil and table olives.
- Spain is the 3rd world producer of wine.
- Spain is the 2nd producer of pigs and derived products.
- Great power in fruits and vegetables.
In 2018 it was exported for a value of € 30.5 billion, being the 4th EU economy and exporting mainly to France, Italy, Portugal and United Kingdom.
The main exporting countries outside the EU are the United States, China and Japan. Philippines has risen quite a few posts as a recipient country for Spanish products