skip to Main Content

Next Generation European Funds, necessary for the meat sector

The magazine Alimentaria collects in an article the most outstanding points of the Next Generation Funds for the agri-food sector. Anafric reproduces some of the points so that everyone can be aware of the importance of European budgets for Spain.

More information about Funds.

 

What are the most important points of the Next Generation Funds:

 

  • The pandemic has caused the European Union to launch a Recovery Plan for Europe endowed with 1.82 trillion euros, which brings together the funds from the Multiannual Financial Framework 2021-2027 (1.074 trillion euros) and Next Generation EU (750,000 million euros) to address the recovery process, boost the economy, incentivize private investment, and preserve and create jobs.
  • Spain will receive 150,000 million euros from Next Generation: 55% will be allocated to grants and the remaining 45% to loans.
  • Spain is currently defining the Spain Can Plan for the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience of our country. The Plan is based on 10 lever policies, where “Industry, SMEs, tourism and entrepreneurship”; “Energy transition”; “Urban and rural agenda, depopulation and agriculture”; and “Science, Innovation and Health” accumulate around 70% of the investment.
  • This is the largest public financing offer in the history of the EU and, without a doubt, companies will be the main recipients of the new European aid package.